General and Particular
Sales Conditions of
Confirmation of reservations
* The deposit is non-refundable.
* The balance of fees will be:
- entirely reimbursed if the cancellation occurs 90 days prior to the start of the services
- advance deposit non-refundable if the cancellation occurs less than 31 – 89 days before the start of services
- balance non-refundable if the cancellation occurs less than 30 days before the start of services
- In the event that service reservations involve expenses paid by Terra Brazil, these expenses are non-refundable, for no matter which the reason of cancellation or the time in which it is declared (e.g. plane tickets or hotel package reservations on particular dates). Terra Brazil will inform the participants of the particular cancellation policies.
- Air tickets are not refundable.
We do not offer any type of cancellation insurance. For this kind of service, we invite you to contact your travel insurance.
- We recommend that our client books medical emergency evacuation and repatriation insurance.
- Automatic travel insurance is available when paying for international tickets with certain credit cards. Check with your credit card company for further information.
- The participant is responsible for supplying insurance, and this option is left totally to their choice.
Passports, visas, and vaccinations: Terra Brazil does not provide these necessities. The participant is responsible for all travel documents, vaccinations, and medications.
Each participant needs to personally obtain the documents needed by the Brazilian authorities (the information Terra Brazil provides on the subject is a courtesy and may not be complete.)
Failure to present the necessary documents may result in serious consequences, of which responsibility lies totally within each participant.
Each participant must abide by the laws, police formality, customs, and public health rules expressed by the Brazilian authorities.
The consequences of any infraction to the local rule are under the responsibility of each participant.
A participant forfeits reimbursement (and indemnity) for the cancellation or the interruption of services due to any infraction perpetrated by the participant against forementioned laws and customs.
Luggage and personal effects
Luggage and any other personal effects or documents remain, at all times, the responsibility of each participant. Terra Brazil, the accompanying guides, and/or local services are in no way responsible for any personal effects.
The weight of luggage and other personal effects as well as documents must not exceed 30 kg per person.
Terra Brazil is not responsible for any modifications or cancellations tours due to air traffic delays or cancellations.
Each participant must be conscious of the nature of the tours organized by Terra Brazil. The activities practiced (trekking, excursions in the Amazon or in the Pantanal, mechanical sports, flights...) can involve some risks. Participants must be aware that often, the medical center is far away. The absence of communication, the road conditions, or no roads at all, often exacerbate that distance.
Each participant assumes his/ her risks in knowledge of cause and agrees to not hold Terra Brazil, or any guides representing Terra Brazil, responsible for any accidents that can occur as a result of the practice of activities organized with their consent, as long as the national security norms have been respected and applied.
Each participant must comply to the safety rules and respect all instructions given by local guides.
Terra Brazil is not responsible for accidents resulting from neglect or lack of respect for the rules of safety by any participant.
Terra Brazil reserves the right to exclude any participant, at any time, from the organized services for behavior that endangers the safety or well being of another participant(s) or person(s).
The participant, exhibiting such behavior, brings upon himself such measures that hinder his right to any indemnity.
In the case of exceptional events (political or social troubles, natural catastrophe, etc.) occurring during the services reserved by the participants, Terra Brazil reserves the right to cancel or modify the service or itinerary to assure the security of the participants.
In the event that Terra Brazil is obliged to change or interrupt the services following unforeseeable circumstances, a reimbursement for those services not executed as agreed will apply:
- 100 % if services have not been paid to final operator *
- according to the reimbursement of final operator* if services have been paid
* hotels, pousadas, transporters, guides ...
Nevertheless, Terra Brazil would not indemnify the participant.